Submission & Format Guidelines
Appropriateness of Topic for JOLE
Articles should relate to and have implications for both leadership and education. If you are uncertain about the appropriateness of your topic please review previous issues found in the JOLE archives.
Previous Publication, Journal Review, and Conference Presentation
JOLE does not accept submissions published previously or under review by another journal. By submitting their manuscript authors agree that the work has not been published and is not under review by any other journal. Prior presentation at a conference or concurrent consideration for presentation does not disqualify a manuscript from submission to JOLE.
Formatting an Article for JOLE
The editor will return manuscripts twise for issues of formatting before terminally rejecting an article. Some specific formatting of which all authors should be aware:
- Use 12 pt Time New Roman font.
- Do NOT utilize a running head.
- Leave pages unnumbered.
- Use ONLY Times New Roman font for all text, figures, and tables.
- Do NOT change default settings of Microsoft Word for such features as line spacing.
- Major headings are required, centered.
- Double space all text.
- DO indent the first word of paragraphs.
- List references alphabetically, flush left, single spaced, with a hard return between each reference.
- No photos will be accepted.
- JOLE encourages use of the first person pronouns "I" and "we" in submissions.
- Sanitize all manuscripts by removing any identifying verbiage.
- Authors should always adhere to the guidelines of the most recent edition of the American Psychological Association
Submitting an Article to JOLE
Submissions are received via the JOLE FastTrack site at http://jole.expressacademic.org/login.php
All submissions must be uploaded as Word (.doc or .docx) files. Every submission will have two documents; a manuscript and a title page.
The manuscript...Submit this FIRST. Please sanitize the manuscript by eliminating any identifying references within the article such as your institution, region or state. Strictly adhere to JOLE style and formatting guidelines.
The title page... Submit this AS AN ATTACHMENT to your manuscript submission. All authors names, titles, and contact information should be listed (in order) on the first page. On the second page, include author biographies that will be used should the manuscript be selected for publication. Limit biographies to 200 words.
JOLE uses a rolling (ongoing) deadline so you may submit a manuscript at any time.
Categories of Papers for JOLE
The journal solicits articles in four categories:
Research Feature, Theoretical Feature, Application Brief, Idea Brief
Upon uploading of a manuscript the contact author will receive email confirmation. The editor will review the submission for suitability for the journal and specific category. If not suitable the editor will provide guidance for the author. Authors will only receive editor guidance twice before a manuscript will be deemed terminally unsuitable for publication in JOLE. If suitable, the manuscript will be sent to members of the editorial review board. Authors should know the disposition of their manuscript within approximately 60 days of receipt.
JOLE Policies and Procedures
For more information on JOLE policies and procedures, please see our Policy Manual.