VERY SHORT DEADLINE: CLOSES MAY 20th
Extension Assistant Professor of Agricultural Education and Leadership is a 12 month, tenure track position with responsibilities in teaching, research and service in the Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at Tennessee State University. This is a collaborative position that includes teaching, research and outreach in areas including youth and adult leadership education models, leadership ethics, management of change, change theory, organizational leadership, instructional design for leadership education and managing outreach and service learning projects.
Major Duties and Responsibilities.
1. contribute leadership for undergraduate and graduate leadership curriculum development;
2. demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching, research, and scholarly writing;
3.advise students and teach courses in agricultural leadership and development as well as agricultural education;
4. co-advise an undergraduate student organization;
5. conduct research relevant to agricultural leadership and education;
6. work with agriculturally-related clientele and the agribusiness communication;
7. conduct outreach with community based organizations;
8. seek and secure extramural funding;
9. demonstrate competence in interpersonal relations and team building;
10. assist with the creation and management of doctoral opportunities in agricultural leadership and education;
11. supervise educational experiences in agricultural leadership and education;
12. develop relevant community leadership development of programs for the citizens of Tennessee.
Doctorate in agricultural leadership or community education. All but dissertation (ABD) applications accepted.
Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication.
Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Demonstrated experience in the agriculture industry (including entrepreneurial and/or farming activities), youth development, and/or community education.
Experience and expertise in teaching with distance education technologies.
Dedication to innovation in regards to partnerships, internships, and recruiting.