See full listing here
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and professional experience
Starting Date: September 15, 2019 or as negotiated
This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 9-month, tenure-track appointment in the Department of Agricultural Education and Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University (OSU), focusing on agricultural leadership.
This person will provide innovative instruction in Agricultural Leadership while also engaging and providing service to our Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Education, and developing Agricultural Communications programs. The individual will teach, recruit, and mentor undergraduate and graduate students, conduct a nationally recognized research and scholarly program and engage in service activities that further the growth of our undergraduate and graduate leadership programs. The position will support the University, College of Agricultural Sciences, and Department of Agricultural Education and Agricultural Sciences strategic plans.
College of Agricultural Sciences faculty are committed to enhancing student success by engaging students in quality academic, research, internships, global studies, and other experiential learning opportunities. Positions with primary responsibility for extension and outreach are likewise committed to learner success through programming appropriate for diverse audience.
- A doctorate degree in agricultural education, leadership, or closely related field
- Evidence of successful teaching experience in leadership education
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Evidence of a publication record commensurate with the expectations of a tenure-track position
- Demonstrated success and commitment to effective teaching, research and scholarship, and service
- Demonstrated skills in verbal and written communication
- Demonstration of collaborative work
- Demonstrated ability to teach in other department areas including agricultural sciences, agricultural education, and agricultural communications
- Demonstrated success in undergraduate and graduate student advising
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of types of learners in diverse settings such as online education, continuing professional development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with local, state, and national stakeholders
- Record of/commitment to work with underrepresented/underserved students or other audiences
Applications are being accepted at: https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/69322
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by December 16, 2018. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date, until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
• A Curriculum vitae; and
• A letter of application which addresses each of the required qualifications in the position posting
• Names of at least five professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
• A Diversity Statement outlining how your experience, education, and/or training will help to build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community.
• Official transcripts. All courses must be from accredited colleges, universities, or private vocational schools. The online application system will allow you to attach your transcripts if the PDF file is 9MB or less. If over 9MB in size, submit to contact person listed. Transcripts must be received by the closing date.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Direct inquiries to:
Dr. Jonathan Velez, Department Head