Dates and deadlines for
2019 - 2020 Mini-Grants
will be posted after our 2019 Conference. In the meantime, general information can be found below by reviewing last year's information.
2018-2019 Mini-Grant Information & Application
Click here for downloadable info sheet
The Association of Leadership Educators (ALE) invites ALE members to apply for a limited number of small grants to support new initiatives to advance the following priorities:
- Teaching, learning, & curriculum development
- Program assessment & evaluation
- Psychological development of leaders, followers, and learners
- Sociological development of leaders, followers, and learners
- Influences of social identity
- Social change & community development
- Global & intercultural leadership
The Mini Grants program is not for ongoing initiatives but rather to provide seed money to establish new programs. An extension or new direction of an existing program could be considered for funding, if it is clearly demonstrated that the proposed change is significant.
Develop and support programs that will contribute significantly to the Association of Leadership Educators' mission to strengthen and sustain the expertise of professional leadership educators.
Individuals may request up to $1,500 to cover costs associated with the project. The ALE does not provide overhead support or indirect costs to institutions or other entities assisting in administering the award. The total amount of funds awarded through this program will be based on available ALE resources. The ALE awards committee will review the proposals and make funding decisions. Preference will be given to quality proposals that show a dollar-for-dollar level of matching from other sources. This match may include cash or "in-kind" contributions.
All current, dues-paid ALE members are eligible to apply. Applications from all leadership education specialization areas are eligible.
Grant recipients are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete the project that is approved for funding.
- Remain an ALE member in good standing for the duration of the project.
- Submit a proposal related to the project for presentation at the 2019 ALE conference.
Proposals consist of three parts: cover sheet, narrative, and budget.
1. Cover Sheet
The proposal must include a cover sheet with the proposal title, contact information of requester (name, title/affiliation, address, phone, email), and a short project description (200 words max).
The narrative (2-4 pages) should include the following information:
- Statement of project objectives.
- Project personnel, including organizational affiliations.
- Description of specific activities and how results will be shared with appropriate audiences.
- Statement of anticipated impact/benefits and importance to leadership educators.
- Proposed timeline.
- Plan for evaluation of outcomes.
Additional material may be included as appendices, if it is essential to explaining the proposal.
Please specify direct costs to be incurred. The budget should include all project-related expenses, and include sources of any matching funds.
Proposal Deadline: October 15, 2018
Notification of Award: November 21, 2018
Submit proposal as one PDF document by clicking HERE. View Past Mini-Grant Award Descriptions Here
Expenditure and Reporting Requirements
Notification of awards will be made by November 21, 2018. The intent is that awards will support activities to be completed before the next ALE conference (July 2019). Grant recipient should submit a conference presentation proposal that highlights the project activities. The proposal may indicate that it is highlighting a project of the ALE mini-grant program, but it must meet all of the standard requirements for ALE conference proposals. Two payments will be made (1) upon acceptance, and (2) upon receipt of an ALE proposal. A final report is requested upon completion of the project or within one year (November 2020).
Contact Gina Matkin Director of Awards and Recognition