Please see the following link for the full job description and application instructions: https://apply.interfolio.com/137270
Washington, DC, 20001
Nov 29, 2023
Program Director/Lecturer or Sr. Lecturer, Organizational Leadership
Advanced Academic Programs
Krieger School of Arts & Sciences
Associate Dean, Graduate and Professional Programs
Johns Hopkins University
The Johns Hopkins University invites nominations and applications for the position of Program Director of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, within the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences’ Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) Division. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Graduate and Professional Programs, the Program Director will create and sustain the excellence of the program, will foster and lead ongoing innovation in the curriculum, and will pursue efficiency and excellence in support of the program’s faculty and students. JHU is committed to hiring candidates who, through their teaching and service, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Advanced Academic Programs
The Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) offers high-quality master’s degrees at its Johns Hopkins Bloomberg Center in Washington, D.C., at JHU’s Homewood Campus in Baltimore, Maryland, and online. AAP distinguishes itself through its intensive instructional assistance, selective admissions, and 60 dedicated full-time faculty. Tenured Krieger School faculty members serve as program chairs to oversee the academic rigor of AAP’s graduate offerings. For more information, see https://advanced.jhu.edu/.
The Program Director position is a full-time, non-tenure-track, 12-month renewable faculty position with the academic title of Lecturer or Senior Lecturer. The Program Director will have significant interaction/collaboration with departmental staff and other Program Directors within AAP.
- Teaching three graduate courses per year, including the preparation for and time spent in the classroom (online or onsite)
- Advising students from diverse backgrounds
- Providing innovative leadership for curriculum design and new course development to ensure the growth and delivery of the programs
- University service
- Overseeing full-time and adjunct faculty hiring, development, and evaluation; making personnel decisions in consultation with the Program Chair and KSAS Dean or designee
- Overseeing an operational budget for the MS in Organizational Leadership
- Overseeing program admissions processes, including reviewing and approving prospective students’ admissions materials
- Coordinating with staff in student and faculty services, online education, marketing, finance, and enrollment services departments on operational issues related to program administration
The Program Director role is critical to maintaining the overall high quality of the program. The Program Director must be entrepreneurial, energetic, collaborative, and inclusive. They will bring a passion for education and its power to change lives, especially for part-time and non-residential students, combined with the business acumen necessary to lead a successful professional education enterprise. A track record of building successful in-person and online education programs, as well as skills in instructional design, content development, and instructional technology, are important, as is experience with delivering an excellent student experience. Candidates who have experience teaching and engaging students from diverse backgrounds are of particular interest.
To be considered, candidates should meet a set of minimum qualifications and ideally meet several additional preferred qualifications.
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership or in a relevant field such as Management, organizational psychology, business, political science, or sociology
- Five-plus years of higher education teaching experience online and/or at the graduate level
- The ability to teach a wide variety of courses in the Organizational Leadership field
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in teaching and innovation in curriculum design
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with competing demands and multiple deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Five or more years of higher education teaching experience online and/or at the graduate level
- Three to five years of related professional work experience outside of academia
- Experience managing a degree program
The position will remain open until filled. Candidates must submit the following:
- Cover letter that contains a program vision statement
- Teaching evaluations for the two most recent courses taught.
The selected candidate will be expected to undergo a background check, provide references upon request, and submit official transcripts for all degrees awarded.